Our Time Line
- Russell Drake Consulting Ltd was founded in 2010 by Russell and Linda-Maree Drake. Russell came home one day and said to Linda-Maree that through a series of recent circumstances, he felt the time was right for them to start their own business. Having spent a number of years working in the corporate world gaining experience and knowledge of the operational and organisational workings of different businesses Russell, along with his university qualifications thought it was time to go it alone.
- In the October of that same year, the opportunity presented itself to purchase the EMA licence for the Waikato, increasing the client base by 100%.
At the beginning of 2011, looking for a career change, Linda-Maree resigned from her position as a Critical Care Nurse in ICU at Waikato Hospital to work full-time in the business to assist with development and growth, putting in place systems and processes to enable greater efficiency and room for future growth.
- Over the next two years the business continued to grow at a rate of 20% year on year, through new client acquisition and profitability, establishing itself as a recognisable company within the Waikato business community providing practical, legally compliant employment solutions and advice to employers.
- Looking for organisational experience outside of the business, Linda-Maree chose to accept two positions within client company’s over the next 18 months to increase her knowledge and experience while commencing her Masters of Business and Administration (MBA).
- To fill the void of Linda-Maree working outside the business, Yolande was employed in 2013 to assist Russell to continue to provide the level of advice to the expanding client base.
- In 2014 to assist Russell and Yolande, Ursula was employed to assist with the growing administration needs of the business and provide that much needed support to our clients from a customer service perspective .
- 2015 Milestone of growth in reaching 850 active clients in the business.
- Having completed her MBA (2016), Linda-Maree has returned to the business full-time to once again assist with business development and growth taking the business to the next level as well as developing her own career in Business and Management Consulting – nothing like honing your skills in your own backyard first where the risk is much higher from a personal perspective.
- We look forward to an exciting 2017 as we launch our business onto social media platforms during the last half of 2016, including a new website that will provide content and information for our clients and prospective clients combined.